When it comes to focus there tends to be a challenge for some to maintain it. While it’s good to be flexible and open to change, focus is what can assist in persevering towards a decided objective. When you switch from one thought to another in a way that changes the end objective, you may want to stop and reflect on why that is.
The reason for questioning your decision to change direction is because you want to find out why you’re going down a different path. If the reason is long term it’s one thing, but if the decision to change is potentially a lack of confidence that you can obtain your previously decided objective then that’s another story.
What you focus on helps you to know the things that are important to you and what you want to invest your time in as you live life. Whether you’re making life decisions or business ones, redirecting your focus requires thorough thought if you want to understand why you’re refocusing your attention elsewhere and if this refocus is here to stay or not.
Some questions that you can ask yourself when you’re getting ready to change focus on something you had decided you wanted to achieve are:
- What has brought me to decide that I need to change direction?
- What am I feeling when it comes to what I’m leaving behind? And how do I feel about my new focus?
- Where do I see my new focus going and how is it going to improve my life?
- Why is this new focus better than my previous one?
- Is this the first time I change my focus on this particular situation?
- How do I know this focus is the one that I’ll go through with?
- Does my changing focus on this matter indicate something more to me about the matter or myself?
Add any other questions that come to mind as you go through this list and as you answer each, tune in to your heart. Notice what emotions you’re feeling because they hold an even deeper meaning to your answers and can assist you in digging to the bottom of the real reason behind your change in focus.
Decisions that you make for the betterment of your life are always important and it’s understanding what that importance is that is key; the same goes for the importance behind your changed focus. Asking why the change and how you feel about it is very important for you to stick to your new focus. Also because, if you keep changing focus you’re never going know if that decision could have been achieved had you not switched it.
What do you think about focus and switching focus? How has it affected your life and what have you done to understand your changes in direction, in decisions?